A Welder is responsible to weld and assemble parts accurately and efficiently to the Drawings/ Instructions provided. They are accountable to produce parts to established requirements, working in accordance with ISO procedures.
Duties listed may change as the Company evolves. Performing other duties as assigned is a requirement for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
· Fabricate parts and components to meet specifications.
· Adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment at all times.
· Ensure outputs meet productions schedules, safety and quality standards, as well as Customer requirements.
· Communicate with Supervisor, Programmers, Production Control, Quality and other Shop Personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
· Possess valid CWB Welding Ticket.
· Three to Five years of welding experience.
· Ability to read and understand WPDS to set up and operate welding machines.
· Full knowledge of Weld Symbols.
· Ability to read Imperial and Metric Measuring Systems.
· Effective Communication Skills.
Chrima Metal Fabrication is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Chrima Metal Fabrication will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Chrima Metal Fabrication strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Chrima Metal Fabrication will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.