Quality Control Technician 1
Abides by Durisol’s policies & rules.
Keeps records on assigned projects.
Leaves work areas in a clean and tidy state.
Follow work instruction and adhere to Mitchell’s Quality Plan
Complete all required laboratory and floor work
Complete the daily work sheets
Work with the Shift Supervisors and Lead Hands to ensure that the proper quality checks are being carried out by production employees
Ensure that production employees are using the correct tools for their respective job
Follow the calibration schedule
Complete all Receiving inspections as required
Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Wear required PPE and use it correctly
Understand the our Business Quality Management System (BQMS) procedures and work instructions
Ensure that the correct tools are used in the inspection of product and processes
Report and record all non-conformances to the Quality Department
Follow up on Corrective / Preventive Actions that are generated from audits.
Interpersonal and communication skills
Organizational and presentation skills
Ability to work in a team environment
Proactive thinker and self starter
Some computer skills may be required in Windows, Word and Excel
Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
Ability to read and interpret blueprints
· Must be certified by ACI (CSA Based) Level 1 Concrete Field Technician (Will Train)
· Must complete NPCA Production and Quality School (Will Train)
· Physical Effort – Time is spent in a plant atmosphere and outdoors, depending upon priorities of the day. Requires frequent periods of bending, standing and walking and does require the ability to move light to moderate material or equipment.
· Physical Environment – Normal outdoor work environment which could include exposure to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise etc. Some stress due to adherence to deadlines, which may require some overtime.
· Mental Stress – There is routine pressure from various sources to achieve results. Occasional extra pressure can be experienced as a result of unforeseen events and decisions creating conflict.
Durisol Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the applicable standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. We foster an inclusive organizational culture as an Equal Opportunity Employer.