Personal Support Worker
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
Full time, Part time and Casual Opportunities
Greenwood Court, Tri-County Mennonite Homes
About Greenwood Court:
Greenwood Court is designed as a 'Community of Care' where seniors are able to age in place. As the needs of our seniors change, they have access to additional services and supports without having to leave familiar surroundings or newly developed friendships. Staff and volunteers are committed to making Greenwood Court "a place to call home" for its residents.
WAGE: $19.20 – $20.15 hourly
· A Weekend Shift Premium of $1.00 hourly applies to all hours worked between 10:00pm on Friday and 10:00pm on Sunday
· A Night Shift Premium of $0.40 hourly applies to all regular hours worked between 10:00pm and 7:00am.
· The successful candidate may claim consideration for recent, direct, Canadian experience in the same job classification in order to move up the wage grid according to their hours of experience.
· Scheduled wage range increases:
2021: April 1st: 1% increase
The Personal Support Worker will be an integral member of the Nursing team. This position is responsible for but not limited to providing for the basic care and needs of residents, performing specific interventions from individual resident care plans and assist in the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition.
We are looking for candidates with a great attitude to join our team.
· Personal Support Worker certificate from an accredited Ontario Community College or a Registered Private College is required
· RN or RPN Students who have successfully completed their first year of their respective program
· Comprehensive skills and knowledge of providing person-centered care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the Retirement Homes Act and the Home is required
· Medication administration experience is preferred (We will provide training for medication administration as this is a requirement of the job)
· Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement
· Knowledge of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors
· Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, for example, lifting/transferring residents is required
· Ability to meet professional clinical infection protocols
· Ability to deal with responsive behaviour
· Basic computer skills are an asset
· Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
About Tri-County Mennonite Homes
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Full-time, part-time and casual opportunities
· Pension plan
· Health and dental benefits
· Short-term disability
· Life insurance
· Paid orientation
· Training opportunities and career development
· Employee appreciation lunches and events
· Employee Assistance Program
· An employee Social Committee
· Tuition support programs
· Employee pricing on meals from our kitchen
· A positive and supportive working environment
Tri-County Mennonite Homes is a leader in providing services to seniors and developmentally disabled individuals. With dedicated staff and volunteers, we operate three divisions: Greenwood Court, Nithview Community, and Aldaview Services. Our mission is “Making Every Day Matter”.
Tri-County Mennonite Homes is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with our Human Resources Consultant.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job has been posted by the Conestoga Career Centre as a courtesy to the employer, but we are neither liable nor responsible for this employer’s hiring or management practices. Please apply as specified in the posting. If you wish to speak with a Career Work Coach at Conestoga Career Centre for assistance with your job search please call us at: 519.271.5700 ext.7224 or email us at email@example.com