Based in Stratford, Ontario, the Stratford Festival is one of the world’s foremost repertory theatre companies. It operates year round, presenting a season of about a dozen plays each year between the months of April and November, a rich stream of digital content and hundreds of Forum events, designed to deepen understanding of the plays. For every person a theatregoer sees on our stages, we have seven people working behind the scenes, some of the world’s most dedicated and experienced arts workers. At this time we are undergoing a culture shift to support anti-racism and anti-oppression and ensure a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment in which all staff, artists and audience members can feel a true sense of belonging.
If you would like to be part of this change and contribute your own remarkable talents to North America’s largest not-for-profit theatre, we’d like to hear from you. We are currently welcoming applications for:
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, your primary focus will be to administer accurate, efficient and timely payroll for employees and independent contractors. This position reports to the Payroll Manager and is part of the Human Resources team.
· Administer payroll for 1000+ employees, self-employed contractors and non-residents on a weekly and bi-weekly payroll using Ceridian Dayforce
· Process and balance payroll information including but not limited to master file changes, earnings, deductions, expenses, adjustments, leaves, new hires, terminations and year-end tax documents
· Maintain all payroll related record keeping
· Act as primary payroll contact for several departments and provide a timely response from inquiries to managers and employees
· Process electronic ROEs and other payroll related forms/documentation accurately as required
· Prepare various payroll and management reports
· Provides support to the Payroll Manager for payroll related projects and duties as required
· Administer 9 collective agreements within compliance
· Audits payroll earnings, deduction and payroll registers for accuracy and obtaining necessary approvals
· Assists with the development, testing and implementation of changes to the payroll system
· Balance and reconcile general ledger payroll accounts and remittances on a monthly basis
· Canadian Payroll Association - PCP designation or currently working towards designation
· 1-3 years of hands on experience in full cycle payroll processing including time and attendance tracking
· Experience with and or working knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce is an asset
· Experience administering a unionized payroll with excellent analytical problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy
· Solid comprehension and understanding of payroll/timekeeping practices, employment legislation, CRA regulations and accounting principles
· Attention to detail with the ability to work in a highly organized fashion where accuracy, urgency and confidentiality are critical
· Superb customer service skills along with excellent written and spoken communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word) with adaptability to learn new applications
· A self-starter with strong planning and organization skills
This full time, position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin immediately. This position requires the candidate to work both onsite and remotely when required.
Job Type: Full Time
Annual Salary: $43,300 - $54,000
The Festival is working diligently toward a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. We welcome applicants of every identity, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Deaf, disabled and 2SLGBTQ+ folks. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and beyond. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
If you have the qualifications to fill this role and feel you could make a meaningful contribution to the Stratford Festival, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter in a single PDF by April 23, 2021 to:
Subject: Payroll Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.