Nursery School Director
Avon Cooperative Nursery School is currently seeking a highly motivated and organized team player for the position of Nursery School Director. Responsible for the operation and instructional leadership of the preschool. Trains and supervises staff, sets instructional objectives, works to build a rapport with parents, and works together with the board.
Skills Required :
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Implement discretion, tact, and confidentiality when meeting with parents, board members and the general public
• Ability to relate well to children, parents, colleagues and community
• Strong computer skills required
• Desire to continue education
• Knowledge of cooperative organizations and their operation
• Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities and situations with friendliness and diplomacy
• Working knowledge of the Child Care and Early Years Act.
• Early Childhood Education Diploma is a requirement. Must be registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and in "good standing".
• First Aid and CPR an asset
• Minimum of 2yrs experience in running a daycare, nursery school or home daycare preferred.
About Avon Cooperative Nursery School:
• Avon Cooperative Nursery School and its staff seek to encourage creative and imaginative play through emergent learning
• Avon Cooperative Nursery School currently runs 5 mornings a week with children aged 18 months to 4 yrs, attending from 8am until 12pm.
• Train and encourage staff; liaise between board and parents
• Human resource duties: Staff coverage, active hand in hiring new staff and disciplinary action, WSIB claims.
• Build a supply list for coverage of staff sickness/holidays
• Attend all board meetings (open/closed/executive)
• Establish performance goals, objectives and staff evolution regularly
• Monitor students and teachers for progress.
• Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods. Provide ongoing feedback as required.
• Hold staff meetings once a month
• Deal with the licensing for the school
• Attend community events being an active member in the community
• Ability to lift or carry small children or heavy objects not to exceed 25 lbs
• Other duties as required, overtime as needed
To apply for this position, send your resume to Employer Liaison, Kelly Van Den Hurk Kvandenhurk@conestogac.on.ca
This job has been posted by the Conestoga Career Centre as a courtesy to the employer, but we are neither liable nor responsible for this employer’s hiring or management practices. Please apply as specified in the posting. If you wish to speak with a Career Work Coach at Conestoga Career Centre for assistance with your job search please call us at: 519.271.5700 ext.7224 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org