The Laser Operator is responsible to set up and operate various NC cutting equipment. They are accountable to verify parts for correct dimensions and other specifications. The Operator will ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
Duties listed may change as the Company evolves. Performing other duties as assigned is a requirement for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Set up and operate various NC Cutting equipment, load and unload machines.
· Follow manufacturing and processing procedures, set machine or equipment controls, carry out productions and inspection processes.
· Mark, record and report defective products.
· Detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine controls, or control media within capabilities as required to ensure quality of production.
· Effectively communicate with Supervisor, Programmers, Production, Quality and additional internal parties.
· Three to Five Years in a Manufacturing Environment.
· Certifications appropriate to the Manufacturing Industry.
· Solid comprehension of technical drawings.
· Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time.
· Problem Solving and planning ability required.
Chrima Metal Fabrication is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Chrima Metal Fabrication will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Chrima Metal Fabrication strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Chrima Metal Fabrication will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.