Temprary, Full Time, Up to 18 Months
The Township of Perth south is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to perform the duties and responsibilities of the Finance/Tax Clerk.
General Responsibilities: Responsibilities include assisting in the tax collection function within the Treasury Department, including administration of all billing procedures, collection of property taxes from all tax classes and other receivables, issuing collection notices, issuing tax certificates, coordinating charges added to tax bills; responding to tax enquires from taxpayers, lawyers, mortgage companies and other agencies; processing tax adjustments; data entry of payroll time sheets; administration of municipal drainage billing and reporting; assisting with various financial reports and analysis; administration and billing of water systems.
· Completion of a two year post-secondary diploma in Accounting or related discipline with two (2) years related experience;
· Completion of the Municipal Tax Administration Program considered an asset;
· Ability to work with numbers and do mathematical calculations and analysis;
· Experience in collections and with cash handling;
· Ability to deal courteously and effectively with taxpayers, lawyers, financial institutions, staff and other agencies;
· Familiarity with the Municipal Act, Municipal Drainage Act, and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
· Advanced working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications;
· Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
This is a full time position works Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30
For a complete copy of the job description and to learn more about the Township of Perth South, please visit www.perthsouth.ca
To apply, please forward your resume in confidence, with the subject line: Finance/Tax Clerk Position, by September 25, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also accept applications by mail:
Township of Perth South
Personal and Confidential
Attn: Rebecca Clothier, Treasurer/Administrator
3191 Road 122, St. Pauls, ON N0K 1V0
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Township of Perth South is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.