The Company: EFS-plastics is one of North America’s leading plastic recyclers, focused on converting post-consumer mixed plastics (#3-7) and plastic film into high-quality resin pellets. As global concern around plastic waste rises, EFS looks to grow by providing a sustainable alternative to virgin plastic. We currently have two locations in Listowel, ON and Hazelton, PA.
· Our mission is to protect the environment and reduce waste by processing post-consumer recycled plastics into a viable, mainstream resource.
· We believe in being trusted partners for our customers, loyal neighbours in our communities, and consistent stewards of our environment.
The Position: We are looking for an Engineering Technologist, supporting our engineering and management teams in developing new processes and designing equipment.
· Developing with management new processes for fully automated plastic recycling
· Developing Project Gantt Charts and PFD for the new project
· Developing layouts for the new processes
· Getting quotations for equipment and negotiating terms and costs
· Designing equipment and working with local millwright companies to get it built
· Supporting our maintenance team in the installation of the new processes by providing detailed layout drawings and a project plan
· Certified Engineering Technologist
· 5 years work experience in designing equipment
· Project management skills
· Willingness to learn and flexibility
· Ability to travel
· Excellent communication and listening skills
· Integrity, honesty, confidentiality, and professionalism
Location: EFS-plastics is based in Listowel, ON. The preferred candidate would be able to work from the main office, but flexible opportunities may be available for some applicants.
If you would like to join our fast-growing team, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.