The successful candidate for this role will be a strategic and analytical thinker with strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills. The candidate will be responsible for the timely placement of inventory replenishment orders and ensuring on time delivery to meet customer order requirements by maintaining stock inventory levels within approved guidelines at all locations. Ensuring all products are being purchased at the best possible cost while maintaining Boshart Industries high level commitment to quality and customer service.
- Maintain optimum inventory levels on all assigned product lines at Boshart Industries warehouse facilities to align with company fill rate of 97% and inventory turns of 3.5. Collaborate with the Senior Buyer to ensure product is on hand for U.S.A. warehouse transfer orders and to build direct ship purchase orders as required to support LLC operations.
- Manage suppliers and related tasks including daily purchase orders, shipment updates, approving invoices, correspondence on corrective action, non-conformance and warranty issues, lead time review & price change review
- Ensure there is proper flow of documents and information between vendors and the end customer (internal and external), responding quickly to all inquiries using effective communication
- Monitor daily below on hand, below safety, unusual and sporadic usage reports to ensure purchase orders, fill in orders, product substitutions and early ship requests are issued in a timely manner
- Review days out during lead time report and supplier performance report to take a proactive approach to solving problems related to assigned products/suppliers
- Complete purchase order requisitions and special-order item requests in a timely manner, obtaining pricing and delivery information for inside sales. - - - Maintain knowledge of potential sources and providing guidance as to when requests are not practical for the company.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all assigned suppliers consistent with Boshart Industries supplier management program
- Work cross-functionally across the organization, collaborating with the Purchasing, Sales, Administration, IT, Packaging, Manufacturing, R&D, Quality Control and Warehouse teams
- College – 2 years or equivalent in a related discipline
- 3 – 5 years similar or related job experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word programs)
- Supply Chain Management, Purchasing Management, or equivalent designation an asset but not required
Why work for Boshart Industries:
- We are committed to developing excellence in all our employees
- We offer an enjoyable and welcoming environment
- We offer a competitive salary as well as excellent career growth opportunities in a growing company
Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
If interested, please email resume to Human Resources
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Boshart Industries is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, any applicants with a disability who require accommodation can contact Boshart directly.