SAFE CHILDREN, CONFIDENT YOUTH, RESILIENT ADULTS
Located in the picturesque town of Goderich and Stratford, Ontario, we are committed to partnering with communities to provide professional child protection services. We advocate for and protect children’s rights; support and strengthen families and we are leaders for positive change in our community.
Huron-Perth CAS is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applicants from African Canadian, Indigenous, people with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ communities to apply and to self-identify in their cover letter. We are also committed to creating an accessible environment for all. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Society is currently accepting resumes for a 12-month contract position in Stratford, commencing July 2021:
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Bookkeeper will process the daily financial and case records of the agency, and provide supporting reports. This position is intended to ensure the perpetuity of agency business operations and to ensure the integrity of the agency’s financial records.
· In conjunction with the Accounting Manager and/or other bookkeeping or accounting staff, is responsible for the preparation and/or verification of payment vouchers associated with all accounts operated by the agency
· Responsible to oversee and ensure correct distribution of cheques and electronic deposits generated by the agency
· Preparation and generation of reports that verify agency records and/or provide both summary and detail information of accounting records
· In conjunction with the Accounting Manager, receive cash and cheques for all agency accounts and issue receipts, including official income tax receipts as assigned; if assigned make necessary entry(ies) into cash receipt ledger(s), prepare and deliver bank deposits, prepare, enter and post these records to the agency’s accounting system
· Prepare and distribute agency invoicing and maintain record of outstanding invoices
· Ensures accuracy and completeness of agency financial records and prompts for required information; performs reasonability tests on financial data and addresses concerns with applicable agency staff
· Working knowledge of Bank Reconciliation process and prepares or assists in the Bank Reconciliation process
· Minimum of a Community College Diploma in a related Accounting program, and/or a minimum of 2 years’ experience and competence. Related experience in a Child Welfare environment preferred.
· Proficiency in MS Office and Accpac software, office procedures and use of office equipment
· Able to multi-task and be flexible while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
· Effective organizational abilities, attention to detail and good time management
· Satisfactory Police Records Check is required
· Ability to attend to all site operations
A cover letter and full resume, including three current professional references, should be sent to:
Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.