Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk
Are you looking for a new and challenging opportunity that is rewarding with a fast-growing Canadian company? At Schooley Mitchell, we are an independent cost consulting company that assists clients across North America save money on their business expenses.
We are looking for a well-organized and highly motivated Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Clerk to assist in our busy and fast-growing company. This role will be mostly based in AR with some involvement in AP. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. With superior written communication and attention to detail are required for this role. The ability to build professional relationships with Franchisees and internal staff via email and phone communication is also key.
Note: This is not a permanent work-from-home position. The chosen candidate will be working from our head office in Stratford, Ontario.
Responsibilities and Duties
A/R Duties Include:
- Verifying franchisees’ monthly documents
- Monthly invoicing of fees
- Monthly collections set up
- Application of payments into QuickBooks
- Printing and emailing monthly statements
- Reconcile, resolve and communicate discrepancies
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying franchisees and or clients of insufficient payments.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
A/P Duties Include:
- Verification of invoices against packing slips
- Enter invoices into QuickBooks
- Arrange payment of invoices as needed
Other Duties Include:
- Organizing and maintain department filing system.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and all related information.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant with a focus in Accounts Receivables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel in particular) and QuickBooks.
- Data entry and general math skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Experience in analyzing information and reporting results.
- Self-starter. Ability to work autonomously with little support.
Education and Experience
- High School Education or Equivalent, some college would be preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in Accounts Receivable/Payable.
Salary: $40,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time, permanent, Monday to Friday (between 8:30-4:30 or 9-5)
Dress Code: Casual dress
After probationary period: Paid vacation, personal days, and paid time off between Christmas and New Years
Covid protocols in place while working in the office