Welder/Fitter- Afternoon Shift
About Accumetal Manufacturing Inc.
In 2002 Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. purchased the assets of a Stratford, Ontario company that had over 60 years of metal fabricating experience. Due to the quality of our precision metal forming and welding services, Accumetal Manufacturing quickly grew into a leading producer of fabricated components for the Off-Road Equipment Industry.
About the Position
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. has a great opportunity for a hardworking and motivated Welder/Fitter. You can contribute to the further success of the company with your precision and accuracy to help produce high quality products for our customers.
The successful candidate will perform welding in a custom metal fabrication shop, conforming to all job specifications, welding and safety standards.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Thursday- 3:30pm to 2:00am
Salary: $23 to $26 per hour, depending on experience, plus applicable Shift Premiums
Your Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Fit and weld complex weldments to customer drawings without the use of fixtures, with little supervision
- Read and interpret technical diagrams to understand the required weld
- Operate welding equipment to perform shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), and gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Use grinders and sanders as required for finishing to create products free of burrs
- Evaluate final product for conformance with drawing and specifications
- Operate overhead crane to move parts as required
- Complete 100% First Article Inspections to verify all dimensions and specifications of the first piece from a new part order
- Accurately track and document job status in JobBOSS software and on Work Traveler
- Perform all tasks in accordance with Quality ISO manual
- Contribute to the overall cleanliness of the production floor and assist others as required
- Conform to all health and safety standards and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
- All other duties as required.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Successful completion and maintenance of CWB Weld ticket
- Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to tolerate wearing a respirator frequently
- Ability to use basic measuring devices (square, calipers, verniers, and a measuring tape)
- Organizational skills
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Time management skills
- Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy
Please note: You will be required to pass security clearance screening under the Controlled Goods Program of the Defense Production Act and complete Crane training.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. offers excellent group health and dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance + AD&D, employee assistance programs, continuing education (including apprenticeships) are paid for, footwear allowance and coveralls are also supplied.
Join our team!
Visit our website at http://www.accumetal.com/
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com, or fax to 519-271-6454.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will only contact those that are selected for an interview.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. accommodates the needs of all applicants throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the (AODA) and Human Rights legislation. Accommodations can be made at any point, upon request.