Hairdresser / Hair stylist
Join our Team
The Hairdresser/Hair Stylist is a critical role within our home as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection. This position is part time with hours to be mutually determined
As our Hairdresser/Hair Stylist your typical day will impact the following ways:
• Provides hair salon services for male and female residents residing within care community.
• Books appointments with residents based on their requests,
• Manages accounting functions associated with hair
• Promotes the provision of resident focused care in accordance with the organization policies, resident bill of rights and related philosophies.
• Provides care and services to the residents with respect to their senses, communication, activities of daily living and personal lifestyle choices.
• Observes and reports resident conditions to the Registered Team on duty.
• Participates and contributes in all aspects of quality, risk, records and infection control measures.
• Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, resident’s family, and staff in a positive manner.
Care Community Provides:
• On-site hairdressing salon equipped with chairs, sinks and dryers.
• Towels and laundry service.
• Weekly cleaning service.
Hairdresser/Hair Stylist Provides:
• Must only provide hairdressing service to our site (Greenwood Court )
• Hair products, small equipment such as combs, scissors, rollers etc.
• Day to day cleaning of salon.
• Prices geared to seniors.
• Rent fee to Site
• PPE to ensure service provision
• Valid Hairdressing/Aesthetics license and provide copy of Hairdressing certificate.
• Proof of insurance coverage
• Experienced in providing hair salon services to seniors.
• All applicants must successfully pass the Vulnerable Sector Check
• Experience in Long Term Care would be an asset.