Trails Technician, Wildwood CA
The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority is currently accepting resumes for the seasonal position of Trails Technician at Wildwood Conservation Area in St. Marys, ON. This position will be up to 16 weeks in length (May 14 – September 2, 2018).
The Trails Technician position will perform general maintenance to all facilities and grounds ensuring a clean and sanitary atmosphere, and will perform other minor maintenance tasks and repairs. The position will assist with the needs of the general public providing quality customer service.
• Maintain the trail system in an efficient, orderly and safe manner to ensure customer satisfaction
• Assist in the enforcement of applicable rules and regulations within the Conservation Area
• Assist with weekly sewage pumping and other campground maintenance if required
• Operate and maintain all Authority equipment and vehicles
• Assist with planning and implementation of special events in the Conservation Area
• Minimum of grade 12 High School education or equivalent with one year of experience in recreation operations and maintenance field
• Versatile person with experience in equipment operation including trucks, tractors, riding mowers, grass trimmers and hand tools
• Possess valid Ontario Drivers license (G2 or higher)
• Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Valid CPR and First Aid Certificate
• Current Police Information Check
• Ability and desire to assist with other staff in other work areas of the Conservation Area
$18.01 per hour
35 hours per week
Day access to all three UTRCA Conservation Areas
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the position title and location in the subject line of your email. If you are applying for more than one position, please send a separate email for each.
If you do not have access to email, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sharon Viglianti, Human Resources Administrator
Upper Thames River Conservation Authority
1424 Clarke Road, London ON, N5V 5B9
* Applicants will be contacted only if an interview is required.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.