Student Production Assembler
The Opportunity |Student Production Assembler (Part-time)
Under direct supervision follows process instructions and blueprints to assemble components and achieve final configuration required on drawings for the production of the company's products. Work is routine in nature, following established procedures.
• Picking part kits
• Unpacking incoming parts and placing in assigned locations
• Rudimentary Automated Testing of final units
• Flash & Meggar testing
• Lead wire cutting and tinning (Training to be provided)
• Cutting leads
• Tenny thermal shock operations
• Building of rotor shaft assemblies (Training to be provided)
• Reads and interprets assembly drawings, parts lists, operations sheets and visual aids.
• May verify quality of product at the required intervals and verify accuracy of all work.
• High School Diploma.
• 1-2 years of related experience.
• Preference will be given to those applicants that possess excellent hand finger dexterity, eye and hand coordination and are comfortable handling small precision piece parts.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment, read and interpret blueprint, layout, and process worksheets, set-up and operate assigned machines and equipment, and effectively communicate with others.
• Understands the importance of product quality and compliance to health and safety procedures.
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.