Our mission is to...
Make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
Foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members, whilst being faithful to the core values of our founding story.
Engage in our diverse cultures, working together towards a more human society.
Assistants work to build a relationship of mutual care and support with people who have intellectual disabilities (our ‘Core Members’) by fostering a home life of unity, mutual respect and participation by allmembers. This is done through supporting Core Members with skill building, personal care needs, money
management, medical care, appointments, family and work connections, household chores, laundry, medications, meal preparation, and transportation.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
• a positive attitude and willingness to learn
• effective oral and written communication skills
• the ability to work independently and in a team setting
• creative problem solving and decision-making skills
• education or experience in Developmental Services an asset
• criminal background check including vulnerable sector screening
• valid G class driver’s license in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle an asset
• current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCVI) or First Aid/CPR certification an asset
We seek applicants who have morning, evening and weekend availability. We also seek applicants available for overnight asleep shifts: earliest start 9pm, latest finish 8am.
Send cover letter/resume addressed to the Hiring Committee:
Mail: PO Box 522 Stn Main, Stratford ON, N5A 6T7
L’Arche Stratford welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants; however only those contacted for an interview will be notified.