Mechanic – Afternoons
The Mechanic is responsible for ensuring that the equipment for multiple production lines is running properly and efficiently; includes blender, grinder, and various packing units.
* Teardown and setup production equipment as needed includes completing changeovers as per production schedule.
* Troubleshoot and solve various mechanical issues as they arise.
* Perform regular routines without direct supervision. Advise Production or Maintenance Manager of any issues that could impact production.
* Complete associated documentation as established by Erie Meat Products for inventory tracking, HACCP plan compliance or other purposes.
* Provide support to other maintenance staff including Electricians and Powerhouse.
* Act as an advisor to Machine Operators if non-mechanical issues occurs.
* Complete Preventative, predictive maintenance tasks as per the company’s extensive PM Programme.
Education, Training or Work Experience:
i) Some experience operating machinery in food processing or other manufacturing environment
ii) Millwright apprentice or Industrial Millwright Ticket
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Able to work independently
- Must have own transportation
- Attention to detail
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Able to do a physically demanding job, lift approximately 30 kg repeatedly
- Provide own tools
Pay Rate: TBD *dependent on knowledge, education and skill level Hours: 2:00 pm – 12:30 am, Monday – Friday, every other Saturday
Erie Meats is one of Canada's largest meat processors. Our diverse capabilities include deli meats, sous vide and breaded and battered.