In 2002 Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. purchased the assets of a Stratford, Ontario company that had over 60 years of metal fabricating experience. Due to the quality of our precision metal forming and welding services, Accumetal Manufacturing quickly grew into a leading producer of fabricated components for the Off-Road Equipment Industry.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. has a great opportunity for a hardworking and motivated Machinist. You can contribute to the further success of the company with your precision and accuracy to help produce high quality products for our customers.
The successful candidate will program and operate the CNC Vertical Milling Machine as well as manually mill, lathe and drill press machine parts while adhering to appropriate engineering drawings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interpreting the engineered drawings to understand the specifics of the required part
· Determining the necessary tools, fixtures and parts required to complete the job and set machine up accordingly
· Inputting the necessary data into the control panel to set up and run the required program
· Using sanding/grinding tools to clean the finished part of burrs
· Performing routine maintenance on machine
· Prioritizing work flow based on supervisor direction and production due dates
· Operating overhead crane to move parts as required
· Evaluating final product for conformance with drawing and specifications
· Completing 100% First Article Inspections to verify all dimensions and specifications of the first piece from a new part order
· Accurately track and document job status in JobBOSS software and on Work Traveler
· Performing all tasks in accordance with Quality (ISO) manual
· Contributing to the overall cleanliness of the production floor and assist others as required
· Conforming to all health and safety standards and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
· Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Completion of Grade 12
· Completion of college level Machinist program
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
· Ability to use basic measuring devices (square, calipers, verniers, measuring tape)
· Must successfully complete Crane training
· Forklift certified (or capacity to operate a forklift)
· Must pass security clearance screening under Controlled Goods Program of the Defense Production Act
Other skills and abilities required:
· Organizational skills
· Detailed oriented
· Ability to prioritize workload
· Time management skills
· Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Thursday- 3:30pm to 2:00am or Monday to Friday- 7:00am to 3:30pm
Salary: $17 to $22 per hour + Shift Premiums depending on experience.
We offer excellent group health and dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance + AD&D, employee assistance programs, paid continuing education (including apprenticeships), footwear allowance and company supplied coveralls.
Join our team!
Visit our website at http://accumetal.com/
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 519-271-6454.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, we will only communicate with those that are selected for an interview.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. accommodates the needs of applicants throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the (AODA) and Human Rights legislation. Accommodations can be made at any point, upon request.