In 2002 Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. purchased the assets of a Stratford, Ontario company that had over 60 years of metal fabricating experience. Due to the quality of our precision metal forming and welding services, Accumetal Manufacturing quickly grew into a leading producer of fabricated components for the Off-Road Equipment Industry.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. has a great opportunity for a hardworking and motivated Laser Operator. You can contribute to the further success of the company with your precision and accuracy to help produce high quality products for our customers.
The successful candidate will operate a Trumpf Laser to create the required parts from sheet metal while adhering to appropriate engineering drawings.
Your Duties and Responsibilities will include:
· Interpreting engineered drawings to understand the specifics of the required part
· Determining and acquiring the required raw material to be used
· Inputting necessary data into control panel to load and run the assigned program
· Verifying completed part against specifications, using square, calipers, measuring tape, etc.
· Using sanding/grinding tools to clean the finished part of burrs
· Performing routine maintenance on machine
· Prioritizing work flow based on supervisor direction, materials used for efficiency and production due dates
· Completing first article ‘buddy’ inspections as required
· Operating forklift to move parts about the facility
· Accurately track and document job status in JobBOSS software and Work Traveler
· Performing all tasks in accordance with Quality (ISO) manual
· Contributing to the overall cleanliness of the production floor and assist others as required
· Conforming to all health and safety standards and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
· Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Completion of Grade 12
· Minimum of 1-2 years of Laser Operator experience preferred
· Certification to operate a forklift (or capacity to operate a forklift)
Other skills and abilities required:
· Organizational skills
· Detailed oriented
· Time management skills
· Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Thursday- 3:30pm to 2:00am
Salary: $17 to $22 (plus shift premium) per hour depending on experience.
We offer excellent group health and dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance + AD&D, employee assistance programs, paid continuing education (including apprenticeships), footwear allowance and company supplied coveralls.
Join our team!
Visit our website at http://accumetal.com/
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com, or fax to 519-271-6454.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, we will only communicate with those that are selected for an interview.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. accommodates the needs of applicants throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the (AODA) and Human Rights legislation. Accommodations can be made at any point, upon request.