Inventory Technician – Day Shift
The Inventory Technician is responsible for the physical inventory of dry goods and stock supplies in the plant.
* Document weekly inventory amounts, track daily usages and receivables.
* Work closely with Coordinator to forecast dry good requirements.
* Ensure materials required to complete the day’s schedule are ready and available.
* Assist Production Supervisors and Material Handlers to locate and/or deliver dry goods.
* Ensure supply room is stocked; monitor and replenish supply tables/ cabinets.
* Complete daily walkthrough of dry good storage areas; cover ingredients or packaging, check for spillage and keep the rooms clean.
* Transport loads to or from storage or production areas and place in designated areas, ensuring allergen segregation procedures are adhered to.
* Inform Coordinator of any dry goods issues, discrepancies, irregular usages, or losses.
* Perform regular daily routines without direct supervision.
Education, Training or Work Experience:
i) Some experience in a warehouse environment, food processing or other manufacturing environment.
ii) Some experience operating a Forklift.
- Punctual and reliable attendance
- Organized with attention to detail
- Uses initiative
- Follow verbal and written direction
- Basic computer skills (Excel/email)
- Above average math skills
- Work on feet for 8 to 12 hours per day
- Lift 25 kg periodically
Pay Rate: $17.60 Hourly
Hours: 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
Erie Meats is one of Canada's largest meat processors. Our diverse capabilities include deli meats, sous vide and breaded and battered.