Inventory Control Coordinator
Spinrite LP is North America’s largest marketer of craft yarn. Our distribution team aims to provide customers with the most efficient and reliable service and we are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve ourselves. We take pride in what we do and always aim to be at our best. At Spinrite, we have big plans, and we would like someone on our team who can help bring those dreams to life by enhancing our Distribution department.
We are looking for an Inventory Control Coordinator who will be responsible for the inventories of finished goods located in numerous warehouses that are all a part of the Distribution Centre. This includes coordinating, receiving, storing, distributing, and maintaining inventories of all related materials. This position will also be responsible for overseeing and managing the e-commerce department of the warehouse. As a part of this role, you will:
· Perform regular weekly cycle counts to maintain accuracy.
· Review and apply inventory activities, including movements and deletions across multiple warehouses and storage facilities.
· Compare inventories to records within both the manufacturing and warehouse system, such as sales orders, production records, purchase invoices and inventory transactions to maintain balance across the two systems.
· Verify clerical computations against the physical count of stock and adjust errors in computation or count, investigate and report reasons for discrepancies.
· Track warehouse capacity and prepare paperwork for warehouse transfers as required.
· Ensure work orders and inbound purchase orders for finished goods and supplies are correct and received both to the warehouse and manufacturing systems.
· Develop and implement efficient inventory management procedures as necessary.
· Communicate and coordinate ecommerce activities within the warehouse.
· Order, transfer and maintain inventories in accordance with demand and forecast for online business as directed.
· Organize realignments of products to improve pick efficiency.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
· Warehouse Management Software experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
· Experience with Microsoft Access is an asset.
· Extremely well organized.
· Exemplary analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
· Experience in management is an asset.
· Innovative mindset to make suggestions to improve productivity.
· Able to work extended hours as needed.
Candidates interested in the above position are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.