BTE is a tier two automotive supplier located in Listowel, Ontario, focused on the manufacturing and assembly of high-quality parts for our customers. As a family owned company, we are committed to the values of safety, quality, and a positive work environment for our associates.
BTE makes injection mold plastic automotive parts for Honda vehicles. This position is responsible for ensuring molds and resins are changed and ready to start up by the Injection Technician. This position will take ownership of the machines and resin area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for resin room and loading of dryers (housekeeping, proper storage, dryer usage per schedule, sweeping and weighing of resins)
- Perform mold changes as scheduled in safe manner, using Mold Change Check Sheets
- Ensure resin is vacuumed off machines and surrounding area weekly, or more frequently if needed
- Operate forklift to get empty totes for production staff, and remove finished goods as needed
- Maintain 5S standards, including, but not limited to, tools, resins, purge resin handles correctly, emptying of sprue totes, sweeping, and garbage bins
- Supports continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for proper Lock-out/Tag-out
- Responsible for proper completion of paperwork, including, but not limited to, condition change log, mold change check sheet, dryer logs
- Completes InTouch production reports as required
- Responsible for notifying Production Scheduler of low inventory on resin
- Assist in startups, maintenance and housekeeping duties
- Ensure boxes are built and ready for IPS orders
- Other duties as assigned, such as resin inventories
- Minimum one year injection support experience, specifically with mold changes
- Experience with machine startup and shutdown
- High degree of mechanical knowledge
- Previous plastics experience an asset
- Forklift experience
- Dexterity to grasp, manipulate or repair machines and equipment
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to safely lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures
- Basic computer skills
This position interacts with all members of production, including: Production Supervisor, Injection Technician, Scheduling, Quality, and Shipping.
This position will require standing and walking for long periods of time, and may require climbing on ladders. Requires ability to lift up to 50lbs., and push/pull/carry items weighing up to this much. Will require physical ability and dexterity to change molds, manipulate settings on machines, etc.