Human Resources Generalist
Veterinary Purchasing Co. Ltd. (VP) located in St. Marys, Ontario, the largest Veterinary supplies distributor in Ontario is currently looking to add a dynamic individual to our VP team for the full time position of:
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this individual will be responsible for all aspects of human resources as well as payroll, benefits, and health and safety. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated, organized, and able to work under pressure.
This is a unique opportunity as the successful candidate will also fill the maternity leave of the HR Manager, but will remain full-time after the maternity leave has completed.
· Working closely with the HR Manager to ensure department is aware of all ongoing issues, concerns, and maintaining a good rapport with all employees
· Conduct full cycle recruitment, as well as disciplines and terminations
· Monitor and ensure adherence to all mandatory employee training requirements
· Liaise with the WSIB, and manage the Return to Work program
· Provide coaching to supervisors on employee issues
· Day to day operation and administration of the HR function
· Additional projects assigned by the HR Manager
The successful candidate should have:
· Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and priority management skills
· Strong communication and people skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of the OHSA, ESA, and legislation related to HR practices
· A degree or diploma in human resources, or relative experience
· Minimum of 2 years experience in an HR role
· Previous experience with payroll and benefits an asset
· CHRP, CHRL, or working towards designation an asset
VP offers a competitive salary and benefit package, including a pension.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 @ 5pm
Apply Online: vpcl.bamboohr.com/jobs
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resourceshr@vpcl.on.ca or call 519-284-1371 ext. 256 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs