Human Resources Assistant (12-month Contract)
Veterinary Purchasing Co. Ltd. (VP) located in St. Marys, Ontario, the largest Veterinary supplies distributor in Ontario is currently looking to add a dynamic individual to our VP team for a 12-month contract position of:
Human Resources Assistant
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this individual will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the HR Department including, but not limited to human resources, payroll, benefits, and health and safety. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, be highly motivated, organized, and able to work under pressure.
Major Duties of the Position:
1. Provide Payroll & Benefit support to all of our Employees
· Act as a first point of contact for all payroll and benefit related issues including, but not limited to, payroll and benefit inquiries, new employee enrollment, and benefit claims assistance
· Gathers, verifies, and submits employee working hours through our payroll system
· Process and maintain all vacation / leave requests
2. Human Resources Information System, Data, & Policy
· Assist with the employee database, ensuring accuracy and data integrity
· Generate ad-hoc reports as required
· Act as first point of support for system issues and queries regarding our HRIS and Company policies
· Work with the HR department to source candidates as required
· Attend job fairs as a representative of VP, as needed
· Screen candidates, conduct reference checks, and organize new hire orientations
· Ensure all documentation is complete and systems updated in a timely manner
4. Training & Development
· Assist with the development and maintenance of training programs within the Human Resources department
5. Additional projects and duties as assigned by the HR Generalist
· A College Diploma in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or similar
· Thorough knowledge of Provincial Employment Standards, Health & Safety, and Human Rights legislation
· Intermediate MS Office Skills
· Experience with BambooHR, Synerion Timekeeper, and/or Desjardins Payroll is considered an asset
· 0-2 years’ experience in a similar role
VP offers a competitive salary, commensurate on experience.
Interested candidates are asked to apply online with their cover letter (indicating salary expectations), and résumé at: https://www.vpcl.on.ca/about-us/careers/
Application Deadline: Oct 17, 2018 at 4:00pm
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. Is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-284-1371 ext. 256 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.