Forklift Driver, Afternoon
The Forklift Driver is responsible for picking orders while safely operating a forklift.
i) Pick orders and build outgoing loads as per company guidelines, trucking requirements or specific customer requests.
ii) Ensure that stock is rotated properly by following first in first out practices.
iii) Complete outgoing transfer sheets and validate incoming tracking sheets.
iv) Perform regular routines with little supervision, inform Shipping Manager of any issues.
v) Segregate products as per Government, customer and company guidelines.
vi) Assist during physical inventories.
vii) Safely operate and trouble shoot automatic pallet wrapper or manually wraps skids when appropriate. Utilizes machinery to flip skids and remove airflows.
viii) Perform other duties as assigned by the Shipping Manager.
Education, Training or Work Experience: Experience driving a four stage forklift in close quarters.
- Good communication skills
- Able to interpret various shipping and receiving schedules as well as order sheets
- Ability to work in extreme cold for short periods of time consistently throughout the shift
- Excellent math skills
- Shows initiative
- Follow verbal and written direction
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Able to lift up to 27kgs (60lbs)
- Work in extreme cold for long periods
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Punctual and reliable
Rate: $17.60 Hourly
Hours: 2:30 – 11:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Erie Meats is one of Canada's largest meat processors. Our diverse capabilities include deli meats, sous vide and breaded and battered.