Forklift Driver, Afternoon
The Forklift Driver is responsible for picking orders while safely operating a forklift.
* Pick orders and build outgoing loads as per company guidelines, trucking requirements or specific customer requests.
* Ensure that stock is rotated properly by following first in first out practices.
* Complete outgoing transfer sheets and validate incoming tracking sheets.
* Perform regular routines with little supervision, inform Shipping Manager of any issues.
* Segregate products as per Government, customer and company guidelines.
* Assist during physical inventories.
* Safely operate and trouble shoot automatic pallet wrapper or manually wraps skids when appropriate. Utilizes machinery to flip skids and remove airflows.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Shipping Manager.
Education, Training or Work Experience:
i) Experience driving a four stage forklift in close quarters.
- Good communication skills, follow verbal and written direction, able to interpret various shipping and receiving schedules as well as order sheets
- Ability to work in extreme cold for short periods of time consistently throughout the shift
- Independent, work with minimal supervision
- Excellent math skills
- Shows initiative
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Physically fit, able to lift up to 27kg
- Time management
- Punctual and reliable
Rate: $17.60 Hourly
Hours: 2:30 – 11:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Erie Meats is one of Canada's largest meat processors. Our diverse capabilities include deli meats, sous vide and breaded and battered.