Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
The Schaeffler Group is a global automotive and industrial supplier. Top quality, outstanding technology, and exceptionally innovative spirit form the basis for the continued success of the company. By delivering high-precision components and systems in engine, transmission, and chassis applications, as well as rolling and plain bearing solutions for a large number of industrial applications, the Schaeffler Group is already shaping “Mobility for tomorrow” to a significant degree. The technology company generated sales of approximately EUR 13.3 billion in 2016. With around 89,400 employees, Schaeffler is one of the world’s largest family companies and, with approximately 170 locations in over 50 countries, has a worldwide network of manufacturing locations, research and development facilities, and sales companies.
Schaeffler Group, as a world class designer, developer and manufacturer of aerospace and automotive bearings, is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator to support our FAG Aerospace production facility located in Stratford, ON. The plant serves the North American aerospace market primarily supplying bearings for aircraft engines, engine systems and helicopter drive train applications.
Key responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
- Control plant compliance with Federal & Provincial regulations regarding environmental protection and safety through the development and maintenance of systems which record, monitor and measure facility compliance
- Implement and monitor all safety and environmental required training programs according to Federal / Provincial guidelines and company policy
- Schedule, conduct and review internal safety / environmental inspections and third party surveillance audits
- Ensure all regulated requirements for permits, authorizations and approvals are submitted as required
- Implement established requirements under the ISO 14001 environmental management system and OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management system
- Create environmental, health and safety (EHS) reports and program budgets, and coordinate with Plant Leaders to develop and maintain appropriate EHS programs and initiatives
- Lead Joint Health and Safety Committee to promote and continually improve health and safety performance of the facility
- Ensure compliance with all Workplace Safety and Insurance Act requirements and assist in return to work planning
- Monitor and report on environmental and safety targets and ensure appropriate follow up on all occupational health and safety and environmental incidents.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Kinesiology or related discipline
- At least 5 to 7 years of Environmental, Health, and Safety experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment)
- Must have knowledge of safety and environmental regulations with experience in environmental aspects and procedures
- Experience must include skills associated with manufacturing processes, ISO14001 and OSHAS 18001
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, teaching and curriculum development skills, and strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Schaeffler Canada Inc./ FAG Aerospace welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.