Entry-level Pharmacy Assistant (part-time)
Sinclair Pharmacy has been your downtown pharmacy since 1960! We have been a part of Stratford’s downtown neighbourhood for over 50 years. Our convenient location and hours make it easy to get the medication and personal care items that our guests need.
Sinclair Pharmacy is looking for a friendly, hard-working, detail-oriented part-time entry-level pharmacy assistant to join the team! If you have experience with or have an interest in customer service and work well in a team setting you may be right for the position!
An Entry-Level Pharmacy Assistant will work in the dispensary successfully entering, preparing, and filling prescriptions for patients. They will always treat all patients with respect and in a friendly manner. They will work cooperatively as a team member and communicate openly with all pharmacy assistants, pharmacists, and pharmacy clerks. They will step in to help all employees with other tasks when possible to ensure fluidity in the dispensary.
Responsibilities and duties of an entry-level pharmacy assistant include but are not limited to:
· Reading the hardcopy RX and understanding all components, and following procedure to properly fill prescriptions
· Clean and tidy the back sink area in the dispensary and ensure tools and materials are put away
· Counting pills and other medication with pristine accuracy and applying the correct labels on vials
· Keeping dispensary area clear of clutter (such as bottles that need returning to the shelf, recycling, paper to be shredded, etc.)
· Keeping equipment clean and well maintained
· Scanning prescription hardcopies onto the computer
· Coordinating the prescriptions for delivery
· Dispose of biomedical waste appropriately and in a safe manner
· Organize the preparation of pills and dosettes
· Verify client before handing out their prescriptions, especially for narcotic and controlled substances
· Identify and record if pharmacy stock is low of medication and material required
· Place the products in their proper locations and ensure rotation of medication according to expiry dates and established protocols
· Answering phones and recording any information that is necessary
· Writing bills for prescriptions
· Communicating openly and clearly with all other assistants, clerks, and pharmacists
· Completing any tasks the pharmacists or any other team member asks of you
Working conditions and hours for this entry-level pharmacy assistant will include:
· Monday - Thursday 5 pm - 9 pm and occasional weekend work (16-20 hours per week);
· working with clients and patients that may be difficult (e.g. if their drug plan was declined).
An entry-level pharmacy assistant will be required to stand for extended periods of time with some bending and reaching motions, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and maintain a steady focus throughout the majority of their shift to avoid errors.
Qualifications for an entry-level pharmacy assistant include:
· Previous experience working in a pharmacy or office setting is an asset
· Previous pharmacy assistant experience is an asset
· Customer service experience is an asset
· High school diploma required
· Post-secondary education is an asset
· Police check required
· Being very detail oriented required
· Being able to stand for long periods of time with some bending and reaching motions
· Being friendly and approachable
· Being able to multitask with confidence
· Being able to receive and follow direction and instructions
* Please email your resume (and optional cover letter) to Sinclair Pharmacy's Human Resources Manager, Christine Walsh at christine@sinclairpharmacy to apply for the position!