Day Program Summer Student
Our mission is to...
Make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
Foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members, whilst being faithful to the core values of our founding story.
Engage in our diverse cultures, working together towards a more human society.
Assistants work to build a relationship of mutual care and support with people who have intellectual disabilities (our ‘Core Members’) by fostering a home life of unity, mutual respect and participation by all members. Our Day Program Assistants support Core Members through skill building activities, personal care needs, work and volunteer connections, meal preparation, and support with transportation.
This position is being offered as a part of the Canada Summer Jobs grant program, which will run for 8 weeks from June 25 – August 17, 2018, for 30 hours per week.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
· a positive attitude and willingness to learn
· effective oral and written communication skills
· the ability to work independently and in a team setting
· creative problem solving and decision-making skills
· registration as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intending to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
· between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age
· criminal background check including vulnerable sector screening
· current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCVI) or First Aid/CPR certification an asset
Send cover letter/resume by midnight on June 3, 2018 to the Hiring Committee:
Mail: PO Box 522 Stn Main, Stratford ON, N5A 6T7
L’Arche Stratford welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants; however only those contacted for an interview will be notified.