Position Description: Music Director
Church Music Director at St. Paul’s United Church, Milverton. This 5hr/wk contract salaried position, with potential to become permanent, includes playing organ and piano and direction of choir and hand bell choir and starts Aug./Sept. See complete job description at stpaulsuc.wixsite.com/milvertonontario. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Music Director is primarily responsible for overseeing and leading the musical worship experience at St. Paul’s United Church, Milverton. The ideal candidate must be musically qualified, creative, capable of providing musical direction to a choir and hand bell choir. This position is accountable to the Church Board of St. Paul’s.
1. Practice and preparation of music on church organ/piano for upcoming services
2. Direct, familiarize, and rehearse with choir members the upcoming hymns, anthems, etc. for Sunday services at Weekly choir night practice
3. Select and prepare prelude and postlude music
4. Select music for and direct handbell choir
5. Extra music preparation for special occasions (e.g. Cantatas, Christmas, Easter etc).
1. Experienced in music direction
2. Proficient in playing piano and organ
3. Possess effective public communication skills.
This is a Contract Salaried Position, with the potential for being a permanent salaried position, that would require approximately 5 hours per week. Must be available to work during services times (including weekends) and holidays (Easter & Christmas Eve), but please note that currently our church is closed long weekends and also for one month during the summer.
To apply for this job opening, please send your resume to:
Pamela Paradis, Search Committee Music Director
St. Paul’s United Church
39 Main Street South
MIlverton, Ontario N0K 1M0