Brake Press Operator
In 2002 Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. purchased the assets of a Stratford, Ontario company that had over 60 years of metal fabricating experience. Due to the quality of our precision metal forming and welding services, Accumetal Manufacturing quickly grew into a leading producer of fabricated components for the Off-Road Equipment Industry.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. has a great opportunity for a hardworking and motivated Brake Press Operator. You can contribute to the further success of the company with your precision and accuracy to help produce high quality products for our customers.
The successful candidate will program and operate CNC and manual Brake Presses to implement required bending according to engineering drawings.
Your Duties and Responsibilities Will Require You To:
· Identify the required bend by reading and interpreting the technical drawings.
· Determine the suitable machine for the job and the necessary punch and die pieces required and prepare the machine accordingly.
· Perform measurements and mathematics as required to determine suitable process/parts for the job.
· Program CNC machine with required information.
· Manually set up mechanical brake machine.
· Verify completed part against specifications, using square, calipers, measuring tape, etc.
· Perform routine maintenance on machines.
· Operate overhead crane to move parts as required.
· Operate forklift to move parts about the facility.
· Complete 100% First Article Inspections to verify all dimensions and specifications of the first piece from a new part order.
· Accurately track and document job status in Job Boss software and on Work Traveler.
· Perform all tasks in accordance with Quality (ISO) manual.
· Contribute to the overall cleanliness of the production floor and assist others as required.
· Conform to all health and safety standards and utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Completion of Grade 12.
· Forklift certified (or capacity to operate a forklift).
· Must successfully complete crane training.
· Ability to apply mathematical analysis to determine suitable machine set up.
· Ability to use basic measuring devices (square, calipers, verniers, measuring tape).
· Must pass security clearance screening under Controlled Goods Program of the Defense Production Act.
Other skills and abilities required:
· Organizational skills
· Detailed oriented
· Analytical/mathematical thinking
· Time management skills
· Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Thursday- 3:30pm to 2:00am or Monday to Friday- 7:00am to 3:30pm
Salary: $16 to $20 per hour + Shift Premiums depending on experience.
We offer excellent group health and dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance + AD&D, employee assistance programs, paid continuing education (including apprenticeships), footwear allowance and company supplied coveralls.
Join our team!
Visit our website at www.accumetal.com/ Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 519-271-6454. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, we will only communicate with those that are selected for an interview.
Accumetal Manufacturing Inc. accommodates the needs of applicants throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the (AODA) and Human Rights legislation. Accommodations can be made at any point, upon request.