L’Arche Stratford is seeking an Assistants’ Coordinator (Full-time, Parental Leave Contract)
Our mission is to...
Make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
Foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members, whilst being faithful to the core values of our founding story.
Engage in our diverse cultures, working together towards a more human society.
The Assistants’ Coordinator is responsible for recruitment, orientation, evaluation, and ongoing needs and development of all employees. They are an effective member of the Leadership Team and are actively involved in supporting the needs of the L’Arche Stratford Community, focusing particularly on assistants, teams, and personnel issues. This is a 12-month parental leave contract, with the potential of extension. Some weekend and evening availability is required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· attention to detail in writing contracts/employment documents, maintaining records, and scheduling
· experience preparing payroll and managing Group Insurance Benefits
· knowledge of the Employment Standards Act and other relevant legislation
· the ability to evaluate the performance of others and provide coaching
· excellent organizational skills and effective communication skills
· the ability to work independently and in a team setting
· creative problem solving and decision-making skills
· the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage change
· leadership experience in a not-for-profit environment preferred
· valid G class driver’s license in good standing and access to a reliable vehicle (required)
· criminal background check including vulnerable sector screening (required)
· post-secondary education in a related field an asset
· experience supporting people with intellectual/developmental disabilities an asset
· current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) and/or First Aid/CPR certification an asset
Send cover letter/resume by midnight on Wednesday, November 21, 2018 to the Hiring Committee:
Mail: PO Box 522 Stn Main, Stratford ON, N5A 6T7
Expected position start date: January 14, 2019
L’Arche Stratford welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants; however only those contacted for an interview will be notified.